18. 06. 2018
Medizinische Universität Wien, Institut für Anatomie
Name: Mag.(FH) Sylvia Reischl
Tel: +43 664 925 3869
This event is targeted at advanced, certified surgeons with 3 to 5 years of experience in spine surgery who are aiming to further improve their knowledge and/or specialisation in the management of spinal trauma and specific techniques.
The focus of this course is on practical exercises on anatomical specimens, aiming at providing the participants with tips and tricks for everyday practice in the operating theater.
In hands-on trainings, ventral and dorsal approaches to the cervical spine as well as methods of decompression and stabilization of the cervical spine will be shown and practiced.
After the event, participants will be able to:
• Identify the appropriate access to the cervical spine.
• Consider critical structures during the access.
• Describe the necessary structures of the cervical spine.
• Prepare the cervical spine for the chosen implant.
• Successfully manage the implementation.