13. 09. 2023 - 15. 09. 2023
Name: Sylvia Reischl
The AO Trauma Masters Course—Treatment Strategies for Acetabular and Pelvic Fractures teaches current concepts and techniques at the highest level for experienced surgeons in orthopedic trauma. This course aims to convey an understanding of the evaluation, stabilization, and definitive treatment of patients with pelvic and acetabular injuries, guiding participants in developing the knowledge and skills needed to treat these
injuries and improve patient outcomes.
At the end of the course, participants should
be able to:
• Demonstrate the management of polytrauma patients with pelvic and acetabular injuries
• Describe the surgical anatomy of the pelvis and acetabulum
• Apply surgical approaches to the pelvis and acetabulum
• Perform techniques of internal and external fixation of pelvic and acetabular fractures
• Recognize the ongoing controversies and special situations in the treatment of pelvic and acetabular fractures.